Today marks the start of the last week of the #BacktoCode Challenge – a 21-day learning challenge, featuring weekly code challenges, prizes, and lectures, and a motivated community of aspiring programmers pushing each other toward their coding goals.
Below you’ll find our third weekly check-in on how the challenge has been going and what’s coming up for this final week of the challenge
Last Week: Get Social
Last week, we asked challengers to sprint to the finish line and hit their challenge goals while getting social – leveraging the power of learning with a community and learning about the industry practice of pair programming.
- Prize: We challenged people to create or attend a Study Group on Learn.co to work through a lab or recent coding challenge. Our challenge winners were Emma K. and Jon E., who won a lifetime subscription to our Community-Powered Bootcamp program (usually $149/month).
- Flatiron School Dean Avi Flombaum hosted a live lecture on how to effectively code with other team members.
- Later in the week, Avi continued his journey learning Elixir with one last livestream.
- We hosted an on-campus beginner study session for challengers in the NYC area.
This Week: Get Proud
This week, we’re asking challengers to Get Proud and showcase their entire #BacktoCode Challenge experience.
- Share what you’re most proud of in the Facebook group or on Twitter with the hashtag #BacktoCode.
- Invite a friend who you think should learn to code to the Facebook group and challenge them to get started!
- Prize: Soon, we’ll be announcing the winner of our grand prize – a full scholarship to Flatiron School’s Online Web Developer Program – to one challenger who hit their coding goals and embodied the spirit of the challenge.
- Community: Inspired by the dedication of the #BacktoCode community, we’ve decided to keep the Challenge Facebook group going beyond the end of the challenge (don’t be alarmed if you see a name change), and we hope you’ll continue to share your experiences there.
- Events: Curious about our online program? Join us on Thursday, September 28 at 5pm EST for a Live Info Session on our Online Web Developer Program.
Get your own coding journey started with Flatiron School’s free Bootcamp Prep course – and keep your eyes peeled for the grand prize winner announcement!
Written byJOSH HIRSHFELD
Content Marketing Manager, Flatiron School