Hoping to learn to code, but waiting for the right opportunity to dive in and learn today’s most in-demand skill? Enter Flatiron School’s #BacktoCode Challenge – now accepting challengers for our September 6 kickoff. Are you in?
The #BacktoCode Challenge at a glance:
- Free 21-day learning challenge, starting Wednesday, September 6
- New code challenges and prizes every week
- Join a motivated community of programmers (already getting super social on the Challenge Facebook community)
- Attend exclusive events and lectures
- One challenger will win our grand prize: a full scholarship to Flatiron School’s Online Web Developer Program (students already enrolled at Flatiron School prior to the start of the challenge are ineligible for this prize)
Each week of this 21-day challenge has a different theme to keep you excited to learn and hold you accountable to your coding goals – plus different prizes which you can win by reaching your goals, collaborating with the #BacktoCode community, and embodying the spirit of the challenge. Look out for weekly emails with more specifics on milestones to hit to be eligible for the prizes!
Week 1: GET COMMITTED
Start out the challenge on the right foot by setting your goals for the 21 days, then join the challenge kickoff and community. Bonus points if you make your first Git Commit!
Prize: Get a bundle of Flatiron School Dean Avi Flombaum’s favorite programming books.
Week 2: GET UNSTUCK
Push yourself to dive into something hard… then get yourself unstuck! Join a live lecture with our co-founder Avi to help you solidify your knowledge and learn his best tips for getting unstuck.
Prize: 1:1 chat with Avi about your coding and career goals.[bctt tweet=”I’m joining @FlatironSchool’s #BacktoCode challenge!” via=”no”]
Week 3: GET SOCIAL
Get involved with the community and support your fellow coders! Join a special digital networking event to meet other driven students.
Prize: A lifetime subscription to our Community-Powered Bootcamp.
Week 4: GET PROUD
Once you complete the 21 day coding challenge, reflect on what you’ve learned, share about your experience, and attend an exclusive lecture with tips on how to keep up your momentum after the challenge.
Prize: We’ll announce the one lucky winner of our grand prize: a full scholarship to Flatiron School’s Online Web Developer Program.
1. What coding material is covered in the #BacktoCode Challenge? This challenge is about hitting personal coding milestones rather than specific topics or lessons, so challengers are welcome to use any material they’re interested in tackling – from Flatiron School or elsewhere. However, we recommend our free Bootcamp Prep course!
2. When does #BacktoCode start? The challenge kicks off on Wednesday, September 6 – but you’re welcome to join in later if you miss the start date.
3. How experienced do I have to be to participate? The #BacktoCode challenge is open to participants of all experience levels who want to make headway on their coding goals, whether you’re a complete beginner or a pro learning a new language or skill.
Ready to join the challenge? Click below and then join us over in the #BacktoCode Facebook group to meet the other challengers!
Make yourself useful.